Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Almost like home
It could be a lot worse. Minus Jen taking care of me, 2 screaming boys, homecooked food, 2 yappy dogs and a cat that jumps in the shower while I'm washing my hair - it feels like home. Really I set my expectations very low and this place has easily exceeded them. I guess if you're going to have to be away from the family this isn't a bad place to be. So far I haven't left the base and explored greater Guam but I'll have plenty of time to do that later. I flew this morning and it was glorious raging around the island and out over the ocean. There are several cliffs around the island making for some good scenery from the sky. It's tough to beat the mountains around Idaho but this is a good change for a while. All in all the days have gone by very quick highlighted by being able to get back and talk to Jen on skype and listening to the stunts the boys have pulled every afternoon. God bless the 30 pound brain that came up with internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Not to shabby! It looks a little small for the 3 of us to visit. I think the boys could take down the concrete walls anyway.
Hey, you posted this one on Grandpa's 73rd birthday! Maybe someday you can take us to Guam and show us around. It shouldn't take too long; I read last night is only about 30 miles long and 5 to 6 miles wide! Barely enough room to land one of those Eagles on!
We sure do love you and count you as one of our most precious gifts! Take good care of yourself.
G'ma and G'pa
Post a Comment