Wednesday, July 2, 2008

1 Down 3 to go

Big day actually, not only is it Wes and Hil's anniversary it's my one month away. I'd like to say that the time has gone by fast and in many ways it has until I see the pictures Jenn posted on on the blog and in the web album. How is it that kids can change so much in just one month. When I left Brad could barely string together two words - "night Cole" or "lud loo (love you)". Now he's carrying one full conversations and my little Cole is talking on the phone to Slothbear for over 30 minutes...They're both growing up so fast. I was looking at pictures of when we were in North Carolina 2 years ago and it seemed like we were there last week...Aaaagh,...it's only been a month.

I've changed a little too, but not like them. I've gained 14 pounds since I stepped on the island - would have been closer to 16 but I shaved the noggin. I'm actually diggin the shorn nugget, when I thought I was getting a low maintenance cut I was actually getting a no maintenance cut (with the exception that I have to put sunblock on the dome, but that takes about 10 seconds). Ok, I'm out. It's time to go get some of that good chow hall dinner. I'm guessing since we had turkey for lunch that we'll have some kind of turkey ala king for dinner. Throw a little tabasco sauce on there mmmmm good.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Thanks for remembering the anniversary. Wes was disappointed he missed your call -- he was about 2 seconds too late. Hope you're doing well and we're looking forward to a visit when you get home.